Director of People and Culture
The San Diego Workforce Partnership, Inc. (Workforce Partnership) is a non-profit entity chartered by the City and County of San Diego to administer employment and training programs that empower job seekers to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers in San Diego County.
Overview of Position Responsibilities
Identifying, attracting, supporting, training, retaining, and growing talent central to our mission and cultivating an organization with diverse set of ideas, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is critical to the organization's success. This position will lead and support strategic efforts to foster policies, practices, systems, and training that attract, support and encourage an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. To lead our People and Culture efforts, Workforce Partnership is looking for a talented and experienced People & Culture Director who will focus on:
- Serve as a consistent force for positive continuous improvement for our organization's people, processes and workflow while ensuring adherence to applicable policies, rules and regulations. Proactively identify ways to improve any aspect of our work - delivering results through collaboration, role modeling and servant leadership.
- Lead, collaborate, and deliver results in a multi-service environment as part of a high-performance, engaged employee culture. Partner with fellow Directors to drive alignment with Workforce Partnership employees' action, behaviors, and people strategies with core values.
- Track and report on strategic HR Key Performance Indicators including employee recruitment, retention, engagement/satisfaction, professional development.
Human Resources Team Management:
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems, tactics, processes, payroll, benefits and employee records.
- Manage and Administer Performance Management – ongoing feedback and annual process (current system used is Trakstar).
- Coordinate and update employee handbook, employee code of conduct, and HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure successful recruitment and onboarding and refine hiring systems to fill open positions efficiently with outstanding new employees.
- Periodically update the organization's career ladder, including compensation reviews.
- Coordinate intern program, policies and practices.
- Lead employee engagement programs.
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal requirements, by anticipating and resolving litigation risks.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Effectively manage all employee relations and follow through to resolution.
- Other duties as assigned and required to run an effective department that serves other business units across the organization.orkfor
What You Bring
- Strategic leader with experience supporting and developing a high-performance culture.
- Embraces continuous improvement and has an intuition for identifying ways to improve any and all aspects of our work, implementing changes directly and/or through the teamwork of others.
- Innovative systems thinker, with a track record for translating strategy into action plans and outcomes.
- Very effective at ‘managing up’ - providing concise, timely, relevant information.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with diverse staff and across teams.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence
- Create an award-winning employee experience that is aligned with the Workforce Partnership's mission, strategic goals, and values to internal and external stakeholders.
Your Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or combination of 6+ years of related HR senior management/director level experience (advanced degree and/or additional management experience preferred).
- Ability to read and interpret governmental statutes, regulations, and grants
- In depth knowledge of Human resources operations, employment legislation and regulations
- Managing, motivating and leading large, multi-functional teams of direct reports
- Strategic and operational planning and execution of HR strategic plans
- Designing and implementing outcomes/metrics measurement systems
- Outstanding writing, verbal, and presentation skills
We Love to Take Care of Our Workforce Partnership Associates – PTO, PTO Sell-Back Program. Generous Employer Paid Benefits (Platinum Plans), Learning and Professional Development company paid program. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Activities Committee, Pension Plan, and 457 Retirement Plan. The salary range for this position is $90,400 to $110,600 annually.
No phone calls accepted, Principals only.
At the Workforce Partnership, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, and the work that we do in the communities we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.