Program Coordinator II
The San Diego Workforce Partnership, Inc. (SDWP) is a non-profit entity chartered by the City and County of San Diego to administer employment and training programs that empower job seekers to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers in San Diego County.
The Program Coordinator II is responsible for the recruitment, case management, and delivery of services for participants enrolled in SDWP’s direct service programs. These programs will have a strong focus on work readiness trainings and offering internship and employment opportunities to participants.
- Coordinate with Manager of Programs to execute program timelines and goals
- Recruit youth participants through in-person outreach at community based organizations, email outreach to nonprofit partners, and canvassing outreach
- Provide case management to participants throughout the duration of their program participation
- Case management includes but is not limited to: assessing eligibility, completing enrollment paperwork, facilitating internship/employment placements, making appropriate community referrals, scheduling, providing follow-up, and conducting exit surveys
- Assist in the planning of program events (ex: job fairs)
- After completion of program, recommend other applicable San Diego Workforce Partnership programs and local community resources to participant
- Work closely with team members to ensure quality services are being delivered
- Provide services that align with the mission and goals of San Diego Workforce Partnership
What You Bring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of helping underserved and/or underrepresented populations in the San Diego community
- Enjoys working in a team orientated environment
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, sociology, gender/ethnic studies, social work, or a related field preferred
- 2+ years of case management experience required
- Experience working in workforce development programs, internship programs, and/or employment opportunities, preferred
- Experience working with underrepresented populations (youth, veterans, low-income households), preferred
- Prior Salesforce experience is a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
We Love to Take Care of Our SDWP Associates – PTO, PTO Sell-Back Program. Flex Work Schedules for certain roles, Generous Employer Paid Benefits, Learning and Professional Development program. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Activities Committee, Pension Plan, and 457 Retirement Plan. The salary range for this position is $49,920 to $57,600 annually.
No phone calls accepted, Principals only.
At SDWP, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, and the work that we do in the communities we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.