Business Partnerships Specialist II
The San Diego Workforce Partnership, Inc. (SDWP) is a non-profit entity chartered by the City and County of San Diego to administer employment and training programs that empower job seekers to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers in San Diego County.
Our Position Summary
The Department of Business Services creates unique workforce solutions to meet the needs of San Diego County businesses. SDWP is seeking an individual who thrives on building meaningful relationships with customers (both external and internal), possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills, and is solution oriented. The Business Partnerships Specialist (BPS), working with the Manager of Business Partnerships (MBP) and other team members within the Department of Business Services, will focus on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) & Digital Media sector.
- Work with the Manager of Business Partnerships to build the infrastructure, processes, and tools necessary to both effectively assess and meet the needs of businesses throughout the county while also meeting the job placement needs of a variety of job seeker programs.
- Focus on expanding and maintaining relationships with local employers, education and training providers, and other community stakeholders to promote business services and related workforce development programs which drive economic mobility for individuals and competitiveness for companies
- Deploy a suite of business services, which are delivered both in-house and through partnerships, to increase business competitiveness in San Diego – ranging from economic analysis to consulting services and co-investment models
- Spend at least 25% of time in the community meeting with businesses, community organizations, education agencies, and other partners to promote SDWP business services and job seeker programs
- Utilize the SDWP Customer Relationship Management platform to conduct needs assessments and enter all contact information for new relationships, activities, and communication
- Plan and organize job fairs, recruiting events, and other special events that facilitate matching job seekers with employers
- Leverage technical tools such as Econovue, EMSI, Burning Glass and Business Needs Assessments to tailor business outreach and engagement strategies
- Assist in strategic planning and continuous improvement for the department
- Develop knowledge base for assigned priority sector and share perspective with Department personnel
- Meet both Department and job-seeker programs key performance indicators (KPI’s) and service level agreements (SLA’s), which range from job/internship placements to industry penetration, business customer satisfaction and retention.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager of Business Partnerships or the Director of Business Services.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., business, marketing, computer science) preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of professional experience required, preferably in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) & Digital Media sector
- At least 1 year of experience in workforce development, economic development and/or client service, particularly job development and placement are preferred
- Must be comfortable with some ambiguity in planning and execution
- Knowledge of WIOA regulations and policies is helpful
- Demonstrated history of setting goals and achieving results
- Ability to translate strategic priorities into tactical actions with associated timeline
- Knowledge of local priority sectors is helpful, e.g., Retail, Information & Communication Technologies, Healthcare, Life Sciences
- Consulting mindset, creative problem-solver – someone that not only identifies risks, but also proposes solutions
- Willingness to engage in department and organizational-wide efforts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Project management experience is helpful
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable with exploring new technology to increase effectiveness of business services department
- Knowledge and previous use of Salesforce is a plus
We Love to Take Care of Our SDWP Associates – PTO, PTO Sell-Back Program. Generous Employer Paid Benefits (Platinum Plans), Learning and Professional Development company paid program. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Activities Committee, Pension Plan, and 457 Retirement Plan. The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $57,600 annually.
No phone calls accepted, Principals only.
At the Workforce, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, and the work that we do in the communities we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.