Program Specialist I
The San Diego Workforce Partnership, Inc. (SDWP) is a non-profit entity chartered by the City and County of San Diego to administer employment and training programs that empower job seekers to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers in San Diego County.
Provides administrative support for program specialists by performing a wide variety of office tasks and assignments.
- Input data into database and CRM systems.
- Answer and initiate phone calls and follow-up emails with partners and other stakeholders.
- Preparing presentations, coordinating agendas and meeting minutes for meetings.
- Photo copying, assembly of written documents and materials.
- Assistance with webinars.
- Calendar upkeep.
- Engage partners and stakeholders in program events though frequent communication and attending community meetings.
- Event scheduling including obtaining bids for food, room rentals and reservations, preparing purchase orders. Sending invites and tracking responses.
- Conduct monthly participant file reviews.
- Review of subsidized employment invoices and agreements.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, knowledge of accounting and budget details
- Input data and track expenditures.
What You Bring
- Passionate about making an impact in the lives of San Diego County residents.
- Grit; willing to put in the extra effort to make things better.
- An eye for detail.
- Very organized. Skilled at tracking, managing, organizing, and ensure timely completion of projects and assignments.
- Creative thinker.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in their work.
- Passionate about the organization’s mission.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, Internet, project management, database usage.
- Flexibility with the ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline driven, team-based environment.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and partners.
- Effective interpersonal skills including ability to maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge of customer service needs and the delivery of those services.
- Knowledge of the use and operation of office equipment such as personal computer, telephone system, photocopier/scanner.
- Solid communication skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to use and identify correct grammar, punctuation and spelling in written correspondence.
- Proficiency in the general mathematical computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Financial and/or invoicing background helpful.
- Attention to detail in accuracy of names and numerical information.
- Ability to effectively organize/prioritize assigned duties and work within deadlines.
- Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes.
- Excellent judgment, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain an exemplary level of attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
We Love to Take Care of Our SDWP Associates – PTO, PTO Sell-Back Program. Flex Work Schedules for certain roles, Generous Employer Paid Benefits, Learning and Professional Development program. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Activities Committee, Pension Plan, and 457 Retirement Plan. The salary range for this non-exempt position is $36,200 to $41,900 annually.
No phone calls accepted, Principals only.
At SDWP, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, and the work that we do in the communities we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.