Program Specialist II
The San Diego Workforce Partnership, Inc. (SDWP) is a non-profit entity chartered by the City and County of San Diego to administer employment and training programs that empower job seekers to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers in San Diego County.
Our Position Summary
The Program Specialist II is responsible for the oversight of all workforce development services for the justice involved community that make up the Reentry Works initiative. Together with the San Diego County Sheriff and Probation partners, Reentry Works focus is to reduce the cycle of recidivism and support individual’s successful reentry into the community.
- Develop and execute contracts and modifications
- Provide oversight and feedback to program design implementation matters
- Provide technical assistance to contractor(s) on operations necessary to meet program performance
- Develop program policies and procedures including monitoring tools to appropriately evaluate contract performance
- Evaluate and analyze contract compliance, including but not limited to fiscal, operational, and administrative systems
- Provide fiscal technical support to contractor(s)
- Facilitate in contract budget development and modifications
- Serve as primary contact for contractors regarding budgets, invoicing, questions, problem solving, and training
- Liaison between SDWP Finance and contractor to provide support and technical assistance pertaining to budget analysis, contract cost-allocation plans, and contract closeouts
- Track contract expenditures and provide ongoing updates to Manager of Programs
- Assist with convenings and attend all collaborative meetings and events to support reentry efforts and advocacy for justice involved community
- Build rapport with community stakeholders, funded partners, and program subrecipients
- Communicate regularly with Sheriff and Probation partners on programmatic progress
- Facilitates monthly onsite meetings at correctional facilities
- Work with internal Business Services Department to develop employment opportunities designed to meet the specific workforce needs of the business and justice involved individuals
- Notify stakeholders and funded partners of job openings, job fairs, and other opportunities for justice involved individuals
- Provides monthly progress report to the Manager of Programs and funders
- Provides updates to Communications team on events, and participant success stories
- Conducts onsite fidelity reviews
- Determine, analyze, and report out on program challenges with corresponding solutions
What You Bring
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four-year experience in employment, training, or education programs
- Proficient in all Microsoft Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Have a positive attitude and work well in teams
- Build and maintain relationships
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Decision making skills
- Detail oriented
- Deadline driven
- Open to change
- Goal/results oriented and resilient
We Love to Take Care of Our SDWP Associates – PTO, PTO Sell-Back Program. Flex Work Schedules for certain roles, Generous Employer Paid Benefits (Platinum Plans), Learning and Professional Development company paid program. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Activities Committee, Pension Plan, and 457 Retirement Plan. The salary range for this position is $47,000 to $65,000 annually.
No phone calls accepted, Principals only.
At SDWP, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, and the work that we do in the communities we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.