Peer Job Coach (Internship)
Position: Peer Job Coach, Internship
Location: Kearny Mesa
Status: Internship (Paid)
Type: Part-Time (approx. 20 hours/week)
Duration: 8/9/2019 - 12/20/2019
The San Diego Workforce Partnership, Inc. (SDWP) is a non-profit entity chartered by the City and County of San Diego to administer employment and training programs that empower job seekers to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers in San Diego County. CONNECT2Careers is SDWP’s direct service program for 16-24 year-olds in the region.
As a Peer Job Coach, you will help young San Diegans find work opportunities, create and polish résumés, prepare for interviews, and acclimate to new work environments. You'll be doing this over our phone, email, and text message support system and on-site with our partners (some local travel, with transportation provided, may be required). Responsibilities include:
- Promote new jobs and programs by calling, emailing, and text messaging job seekers.
- Contribute to content on our website, social media and print promotions.
Peer Advising & Placement
- Provide résumé, interview, and job search support to peers over phone calls, emails, and text messages.
- Direct peers to work opportunities that suit them well within the online portal.
- Connect your peers with the resources they need to succeed at work.
- Pre-screen candidates for selective work opportunities.
- Support the team with basic photocopying, filing, sorting, and other administrative tasks.
- Contribute to program and business process design.
- Enrolled in CONNECT2Careers (on c2csd.org)
- Commitment to SDWP’s core values of stewardship, collaboration and excellence
- Produces excellent work at all times
- Pays close attention to details and instructions
- Experience using Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Adapts quickly to new technology systems (i.e. CRM)
- Comfortable speaking on the phone
- Skilled written communication skills, with experience creating professional emails
- Customer service experience
At the Workforce, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, and the work that we do in the communities we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.