Human Resources Director
- Develop and manage SDWP's organizational approach and maintain consistent policies related to employment recruitments, performance management, and hiring, terminations, etc.
- Assess needed updates to employee handbook, and develop policies and procedures.
- Drive and implement all required medical benefits and insurance enrollment.
- Maintain electronic benefit enrollment program and redesign HR forms as needed.
- Design effective annual performance reviews, goals, and merit increase timelines; train and track goals.
- Develop and implement employee engagement programs.
- Maintain current and relevant job descriptions for staff.
- Participate in the renewal of Workers Comp and benefit programs with the leadership team and a broker; review insurance premium and suggest changes to coverage as needed.
- Manage all HR-related expenses.
- Improve and streamline recruiting and employee recognition programs.
- Build a robust tracking system of staff training and create an intern program for the organization.
- Develop and implement salary bands and analytics.
- Coordinate safety and wellness programs.
Facilities and Safety Management:
- Internal site management - partner with landlord and Property Manager to ensure staff and facility needs.
- Reporting - Present summary and details of maintenance costs and lease and sublease space.
- Facility Strategic Planning - assess and recommend current and long term space planning for SDWP.
- Office Administration - Provide ergonomic assessments and equipment as needed and training (i.e., safety, ergonomics, injury and illness).
- Inventory/Fixed Asset Management – track inventory and fixed assets and maintain records; Document process and requirements to maintain state and federal compliance and make recommendations to improve/streamline tracking.
- Manage mail, key/security support, safe moves, maintenance, and staff supplies. Improve employee offerings regarding , vending machines, and supplies provided/needed to improve employee experiences while on location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field, MBA (optional), PHR certification a plus.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated progressive experience in HR management, strategy and implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of California and Federal labor laws.
- Proven supervisor of administrative and support staff and leadership to improve productivity and mitigate risk.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations preferable.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, Internet, project management.
- Experienced with database management (e.g., FileMaker, Access, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding writing skills. Strong writer and editor.
- Outstanding ability to identify new methods, better approaches, and integration of ideas from others.
- Find and lead solutions to a myriad of challenges and opportunities.
- Proactively lead, collaborate, and deliver results in a multi-service environment.
- Embodies continuous improvement and has an intuition for identifying ways to improve any and all aspects of our work – and making that happen directly and/or through the teamwork of others.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategy into action plans and outcomes.
- A great eye for detail and ideas for improvement on writing content, and aesthetics.
- Very effective at ‘managing up’ - providing concise, timely, relevant information.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with diverse staff.
- Able to identify strategies and effective solutions when starting from only concept or idea.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- A strategic support to the CEO and a key colleague on the leadership team.
- Self reliant, excellent problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
- A team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strategic leader with experience supporting and developing a high performance culture.
- Consistently makes good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work and those supervised.
- Passionate about the SDWP mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values to external and internal stakeholders.
Salary to commensurate with work experience, skills and education. SDWP offers a competitive benefits package, generous PTO and 11 paid holidays.