Director of Information Technology
- Responsible for the IT vision, planning and budgeting.
- Responsible for the management of all IT systems: voice, data, imaging, office automation, etc.
- Manages all hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts.
- Regularly evaluate existing technology, systems and staffing to support SDWP operations.
- Analyze and recommend solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs.
- Facilitate communication with staff, vendors, and technology resources within the SDWP.
- Develops and enforces policy and procedures to ensure backup, integrity, security and privacy.
- Oversees the linkage between external technology systems (e.g. government, vendors, etc.) and SDWP-IT resources, including systems for electronic data exchange.
- Ensures that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements.
- Develops and maintains the systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of disparate information systems.
- Manages reporting needs and data analysis in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
- Provide analysis and input to leadership team regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Expertise in MS Office 365 administration.
- Expertise with Mac and PC operating systems.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- FileMaker Pro (or other relational database) experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's Degree in a field appropriate for this position (Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Management, Educational Technology or other equivalent disciplines), preferred.
- Technical certificates from Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, etc., preferred.
- Minimum 8 - 12 years progressively responsible experience in the development, installation and maintenance of information systems.
- Three years or more in a leadership role with supervisory experience required.
- Deep knowledge of computer systems, particularly Macintosh OSX, server and laptop expertise
- Deep knowledge of networking with understanding of Citrix or similar networks
- Ability to lead, plan and manage in an entrepreneurial, team oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and work well with all levels within an organization specifically working effectively within the culture and processes used in a nonprofit
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, and drive to meet organizational and departmental objectives; ability to manage projects on interrelated time lines
- Basic understanding of HTML and website development and maintenance required
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with vendors and consultants
- Experience supervising professional level staff
- Experience working directly with, and supervising, a variety of technical staff.
- Strong editor and writer.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience with management, strategic and operational planning, personnel and budgeting.
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and management.
- Passionate about continuous improvement.
- Strategic leader with experience developing a high-performance culture.
- A great eye for detail and ideas for improvement.
- Extensive experience with strategic and operational planning and execution.
- Exceptionally organized. Skilled at tracking, project management and ensure timely completion of projects and assignments – for self and those supervised.
- Exceptional capacity for building teams and managing and leading people.
- Creative. Outstanding ability to identify new methods and integration of other ideas.
- Able to identify strategies and implement solutions when starting from only concept.
- High integrity, striving for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
Salary to commensurate with work experience, skills and education. SDWP offers a competitive benefits package, generous PTO and 11 paid holidays.