The Program Specialist is responsible for working directly with the Manager of Adult Programs, Lead Program Specialist and the Program Team Leadership to provide contract oversight and support workforce development programs and funded partners. This individual supports SDWP with the implementation of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity (WIOA) and special grant funded programs.
- Oversee the development, day-to-day coordination and execution of contracts of SDWP’s funded service providers
- Oversee and conduct quality assurance related to program performance, outcomes, compliance, customer service and other programmatic elements
- Participate in the development of community partnerships and collaboration
- Drive effective program implementation by providing technical assistance and recommending process improvement
- Facilitate training of subrecipient staff for program service delivery, eligibility data entry, and compliance
- Assist with coordination and development of special projects and pilot programs
- Stay abreast of applicable State and Federal legislation, regulations as it relates to WIOA and other best practices in workforce development
- Prepare reports, agenda items and board support materials
- Represent SDWP in association with funded partners, employers, community and educational stakeholders and the general public regarding SDWP programs
- Present program model design and outcomes at conferences, stakeholder and subrecipient meetings
- Review and analyze contract program operating plans, budgets and invoices to verify program integrity and compliance with fiscal requirements.
- Evaluate contract compliance, including but not limited to fiscal, operational, and administrative systems.
- Prepare internal and external reports, analyzing issues and ensuring accuracy.
- Develop and publish program specific Operations Issuances.
- Support the procurement process of requests for quotes (RFQ’s) and requests for proposals (RFP’s).
- Assist in updating the Operations Manual and other technical assistance support tools.
- Support transition to automated tracking systems; perform quality assurance of data and reporting from such systems.
Operational and Fiscal Management:
- Analyze and evaluate programs data systems to ensure funded partners track, record and achieve performance outcomes.
- Conduct on-site performance reviews, including file reviews and customer monitoring.
- Recommend corrective action(s) and provide detailed implementation plans to achieve successful performance outcomes.
- Represent SDWP during federal, state, local and other grant audits.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in program implementation and performance management, preferably in government and/or public assistance programs.
- Proven ability to identify and implement continuous process improvement and remain flexible amidst change.
- Commitment to the highest level of integrity and excellence in her/his work.
- A leader who thinks strategically and builds strong relationships.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating training, technical assistance and public speaking.
- Experience developing and implementing action plans to address performance deficiencies.
- Strong attention to detail; outstanding writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, Internet, and database management.
Salary to commensurate with work experience, skills and education. SDWP offers a competitive benefits package, generous PTO and 11 paid holidays.