Program Coordinator II
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Training Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of a partnership between SDWP’s CONNECT2Careers program and Vista Unified School District’s World of Work initiative.
Industry and Education Relationships
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships with industry partners to expand work-based learning opportunities for Vista Unified School District students.
- Serve as point of contact for Vista Unified School District educators and administrators planning work-based learning activities.
- Organize professional development opportunities for Vista Unified educators, including teacher externships.
- Coordinate the implementation of work-readiness training for students in Vista Unified schools.
Peer Job Coaches
- Coordinate the training and hiring of a team of peer job coaches from the Vista community.
- Supervise the day-to-day work and professional development of C2C’s Peer Job Coaches, who provide support for their peers using email, phone calls, and text messages inside of C2C’s client relationship management database.
- Regularly review the work of Peer Job Coaches to assure quality of service for youth participants.
- Provide regular reports on the program effectiveness and outreach using C2C’s custom client relationship management database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passionate about and able to clearly articulate SDWP’s mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, gender/ethnic studies, psychology, social services, liberal studies or a related field required. Master’s degree a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience implementing nonprofit programs.
- 2-5 years of experiencing coordinating relationships with external partners.
- Experience supervising part-time/intern staff.
- Clear written and oral communicator.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to build effective relationships across departments and stakeholders.
- Experience with community outreach.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, project management, database management.
- Must be able to travel with use of personal vehicle.
Please note: Selected candidate will spend approximately 80% of their time working from a satellite office in Vista, CA, and approximately 20% traveling to SDWP’s central office in City Heights, San Diego, CA.
This position is a Level 2 (L2) in SDWP’s career path (levels 0-8). The salary range for (L2) is $47,476 - $65,000. New Coordinator II's typically start at the lower end of this range. SDWP offers a competitive benefits package, generous PTO and 11 paid holidays.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the "Apply Now" button or email your resume and cover letter to 53702C8816@jobs.workablemail.com, indicating Program Coordinator in the subject line, followed by your last and first name.
Employees are under an independent, merit-based personnel system and are not employees of the federal, state or local government. SDWP is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.