Business Solutions Specialist II
The San Diego Workforce Partnership, Inc. (SDWP) is a non-profit entity chartered by the City and County of San Diego to administer employment and training programs that empower job seekers to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers in San Diego County.
Our Position Summary
The Business Solutions Specialist, working with the Manager of Business Solutions and other team members within the Department of Business Services, will support the implementation of a sector-specific approach to meet the current and future workforce needs of businesses in San Diego County.
- Under the direction of the Manager of Business Solutions, utilize processes and tools necessary to coordinate a variety of activities within the Department of Business Services
- Assist in the implementation of the strategic plan and monitor/evaluate progress to identify risks and recommend course corrections
- Work with the Manager of Business Solutions to analyze business services needs among the network of SDWP providers, and support with strategy implementation among Business Services staff
- Develop and conduct Business Services trainings as needed for internal and external staff
- Work with the Business Solutions team to develop a suite of business services, which are delivered both in-house and through partnerships, to increase business competitiveness in San Diego – ranging from economic analysis to consulting services and co-investment models
- Focus on maintaining relationships with local employers, education and training providers, and other community stakeholders to promote business services and related workforce development programs which drive economic mobility for individuals and competitiveness for companies
- Utilize Salesforce (CRM) to manage projects and enter all contact information for new relationships, activities, and communication
- Assist in the coordination of Regional Council meetings
- Leverage labor market databases to tailor business outreach and engagement strategies
- Assist in strategic planning and continuous improvement for the department
- Meet both Department and Business programs key performance indicators (KPI’s) and service level agreements (SLA’s), which includes use of the CRM
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager of Business Solutions or the Director of Business Services
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., business, marketing, social science) preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of professional experience required, in technology or health care industry preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in grant writing or grants management preferred
- Must be comfortable with some ambiguity in planning and execution
- Experience utilizing and/or managing online/distance learning is desired
- Demonstrated history of setting goals and achieving results
- Ability to translate strategic priorities into tactical actions with associated timeline
- Willingness to engage in department and organizational-wide efforts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Project management experience is desired
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Microsoft Excel) and comfortable with exploring new technology to increase effectiveness of business services department
We Love to Take Care of Our SDWP Associates – PTO, PTO Sell-Back Program. Flex Work Schedules for certain roles, Generous Employer Paid Benefits (Platinum Plans), Learning and Professional Development company paid program. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Activities Committee, Pension Plan, and 457 Retirement Plan. The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000 annually.
No phone calls accepted, Principals only.
At SDWP, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, and the work that we do in the communities we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.